Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day Three

I am not going to start counting again. I guess this blog will just be about my struggles over a year. I am back at day one again. How many more day ones are left for me? I sincerely hope there aren't any more.

Yesterday I remember making the decision to go to my brother's house. But I have no memory of driving over there or driving back. That's 15 miles of mostly highway and I have no memory of it. My brother is an alcoholic and cocaine addict. We understand each other. We have hope for each other - more hope than we have for ourselves. When will this end? I guess when I have a craving and reach out to God, to a meeting, to friends and not to a bottle.

1 comment:

  1. This may be difficult, but you might have to remove yourself from the triggors.

    I had a dear friend that I partied with -- My daughter called him uncle M...

    I haven't seen him in 7 years. We correspond through email occasionally but I had to remove myself from him.

    For now, you might want to love your brother from afar.

    It's okay to fall down. Just pick yourself up and start again.
    I'm here, if you need me.
    A big hug,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete