Saturday, October 31, 2009

Meeting Makers Make It

I'm slipping on meetings again. I have only one excuse - I'm exhausted after a day of taking care of my kids. Of course, that isn't a good excuse especially given that one of my triggers is tiredness. I have been finding myself thinking of drinking as a means to relax at the end of the day. I don't think I am near picking up a drink but having the thought is unacceptable. I know that when I consistently make meetings these thoughts occur much less frequently. I am rededicating myself to one meeting per day. Taking in a noontime meeting while the baby naps would get rid of my end-of-the-day-exhaustion excuse. Now I just need not to use the excuse of needing to get this and that done while the baby sleeps. Recovery has to be the priority. The damn laundry can wait.

3 comments:

  1. The damn laundry CAN wait!! You're doing so much - go easy on yourself. Having those thoughts of a drink are all part of the disease .. it's okay to have them, it's what we do about them that matters. Keep on keeping on, you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "One Day At A Time" means "One Day At A Time". The same with "One Hour At A Time"....they are not limited to drinking, but include LIVING issues!

    PEACE! (We ALL need more of that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote, "Recovery has to be the priority."
    I say "Amen" to that.

    As they say - "Whatever is put before sobriety will surely be lost."

    God bless.

    PG

    ReplyDelete