Friday, October 9, 2009

Ramble on Loneliness

I really like using HALT to take my emotinal/physical "temp" when I suddenly feel like drinking or when I just feel out of sorts. I check if I am Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. For me, the answer is almost never Lonely. I am the type that likes to have time to myself. But in the past couple weeks, I have found myself returning to my rented room and staring out the window, wishing there was someone to talk to or just be around. I call my sister on the telephone quite a bit, we talk almost every single day - several times a day usually. But I have not been able to make use of the many telephone numbers I have been able to gather from the rooms in the past week. Two of those who gave me numbers also gave me their email addresses and I think I may try emailing them as a first step toward actually using the phone.

2 comments:

  1. Anon, if your are a man, send me an email (fiddlemn@gmail.com) and I'll send you my phone number--we need to talk about "isolating" my favorite topic, because I fought this loneliness for YEARS!!! Believe me!

    There IS a way out--first step, call ME! --grin!

    I used to write poems which rhymed, and my favorite has always been "I WAS ALONE AND LONELY"

    PEACE! to you, whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Steve. I am a woman, actualy. I laughed at your reply thinking to myself - well I didn't want to stay THAT anonymouse. LOL.

    ReplyDelete